16 February 2007

The Home Stretch

Well, despite what my baby ticker above says, I only have 5 days until the baby is scheduled to arrive. This will probably be my last post until after that, since my computer at home is on the fritz and away being fixed (hopefully). I want to thank everyone who has given me/us support, wisdom, and friendship over these past months...and for more to come, I'm certain! I will definately let ya'll know the whos, wheres, what, whens & hows of his arrival as soon as I possibly can!

I'm nervous, I must admit. Today is my final day at work before beginning maternity leave and as long as I was still working it meant I still had time. But here it is, and the reality of it all is starting to hit...in a couple of days I'll have a son. Wow! That's hard to imagine. I'm starting over as a parent. And I'm worried I won't know what to do! Wish us luck, keep us in your thoughts & prayers...we'll let you know how the journey begins!

4 comments:

Misty said...

Don't worry, it's like riding a bike... Seriously, things will be crazy for a short time, then you'll fall into a routine. YOU GUYS ARE GOING TO DO FINE!! Wishing you a lovely delivery, a swift recovery, and joy in your new son!
Oh, things to pack in your bag for the hospital~ 1. a footstool~ it is impossible for us shorties to get in & out without pain~trust me on this. 2. a small pillow, to hold on your tummy if you need to cough & when getting out of bed. 3. a sleep mask, so you can sleep in the daytime when the baby naps.
Love you! Good Luck!

Unknown said...

Good luck! I'm looking forward to hearing about your son and all of your thoughts and feelings about the delivery.

Kassi Gilbert said...

just remember that the diapers go on the rear end, and you'll do just fine. xoxo

Christina said...

I just wanted to stop by and wish you GOOD LUCK on Wednesday!! I can't believe how soon your baby is going to be here. I hope you have a safe and relatively painless delivery, and I can't wait to hear about his arrival later on!

Christina