08 February 2007

The Other Parents...the Godly Ones

Last Friday we invited the hubby's sister and one of his oldest friends over for dinner & games. It was a lovely evening and we surprised them both by asking them to be the godparents to our forthcoming bambino. It was a decision we didn't take lightly and chose them because 1. they are both Catholic (a requirement of the church), 2. they are both people whom we feel can bring an interesting perspective of life to our son, 3. will be active participants in his life, and 4. who really have a strong sense of faith and are comfortable with expressing their religious and worldly views. It's not an easy task to select those individuals whom are supposed to take on that "Godly" role in a child's life. I realize that most "Godparents" don't really fulfill much of a role beyond the baptism, but I'd really like it to be more than that. I'd like to think that they will have a special place in his life. Of course, I believe that all of our friends bring new perspectives and experiences to us, that's why we choose them as friends, and why we want them in our children's lives. I'm proud to say that I have friends who are bright, intelligent, vibrant souls who can show him that people are all different. That's exciting.

Well, the new godfather brought baby a gift, unknowingly. It's this cool Rainforest bouncey seat that makes waterfall simulation, rainforest sounds & songs. It's sooo cute and colourful! I firmly believe someone needs to make something like this for adults...wouldn't you want a big comfy chair to relax in with soothing sounds & vibrations?

3 comments:

Kassi Gilbert said...

They DO make these chairs...but they are usually found in stores like "Lover's Lane" or "Priscillas". To be honest, I would feel a little weird having one in my living room...

Kimba said...

*shudder* not the "soothing" effects I was going for...hahahaha!

Kassi Gilbert said...

I didn't even go into the attachments...which are NOT cute monkeys and parrots. Too much info, I know :)

I of course am kidding.

I am extremely happy for you, and your family for such a wonderful time to come. Yay for babies!