13 July 2007

Order of the Phoenix

Since baby boy was spending the night with the grandparents, we took advantage of the time to go see "Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix" on the MegaScreen last night. I quite enjoyed it! I keep hearing people talk about how dark it is, and yeah, it should be! This is really the turning point in the HP stories. They've been students getting into some pretty difficult situations, but now the gauntlet has been thrown down and it's now no-holds-bar against Voldemort.

I felt it was done well, though I would have liked to have seen more with the actual Order of the Phoenix. The fight between Voldemort & Dumbledore was exactly as I'd pictured it in the book. Luna Lovegood is far more endearing than I expected (I thought she'd just be annoying, but really that title went to Cho). The special effects were excellent. Given this was my least favourite book, I can't wait for more!


Confession time...Daniel Radcliffe (Harry) is just far too good looking & has far too nice of a body for a boy so young.

1 comment:

Dapoppins said...

I loved that HP was so fast paced. It hardly seemed like an hour! It was only after that I thought maybe there could have been more time spent, But i loved that not a moment was wasted. I am gald I shelled out the sheckles to see it on the big screen.