28 June 2007

I'm Addicted, I admit it...

Addicted to select reality shows. I can't help it. Now, I've never watched a single episode of "The Bachelor", and I haven't been able to care about "The Real World" since MTV started casting only drunken whores & homophobic frat boys on the show. Other than the train wreck that is the auditions, I couldn't care less about watching "American Idol". BUT, there are some shows, the BRAVO channels ones specifically, that are a weekly addiction to which I must have my fix. It started with "Queer Eye..." and from there has spawned into a need to get my fix with "Project Runway", closely followed by "Top Chef". (Sorry, "Top Designer" was a bit of a let down, though it didn't stop the hubby & I from watching each week.) Elsewhere you'll find my TV tuned to "Hell's Kitchen" and "So You Think You Can Dance"(where I feel they really do have talent, really do have to stretch outside of their comfort zones, and where the audience actually can learn something). I took dance for years, and so I know how hard it really is to learn these routines in only 3 days. I've wished I was good enough to be a chef, so I admire their palates & ingenuity. And, the thing is, these are the ONLY television my husband will actually sit down & watch. Who am I to deny an uninterrupted hour with him? So, there you have it, I'm finally admitting it out loud...I'm addicted.

3 comments:

Kassi Gilbert said...

WHEEE!

Dapoppins said...

The dance show. did you see the hummingbird/flower dance. I thought wow. WOW. and HK is just a train wreck. When it's on I always tune in to watch the ladies beat the men. But the CHEF...when he calls the girls pigs or cows. I want to slap him.

Lady Jane said...

The only "reality" show I watch is The Next Food Network Star on the Food Network. It is a lot of fun.