1. What happened to Thanksgiving? I mean, I realize that the holiday serves little purpose other than to gorge oneself on turkey & then let me "menfolk" lie around and watch football for hours on end, but it IS supposedly this big family holiday in American, people. So how come the moment the kids came in from trick-or-treating did I instantly start hearing carols on the radio (24-7, I might add...on 2 different stations) and the mad rush for Christmas began?
2. Someone please explain to me why so many "Christians" call themselves only that, as if it's a badge of honour only they get to wear? Yes, you're Christian, but what are you? Presbyterian? Catholic? Baptist? Lutheran? WHAT? Choose already! I've heard many people say "No, I'm Christian!" Uh...yeah. Let's break that down, shall we? By virtue of the word it means you aren't Jewish or Pagan. You believe in Jesus Christ. So do all of those other religions I just mentioned. So which one are you, already? (And don't even get me started on the pagans who use that word in exactly the same way! ugh...why must I know more about your so-called religious beliefs than you do?)
3. And why do these sort of Christians not allow their children to celebrate Halloween or Santa Claus traditions with the rest of the world? Do they really think that dressing up like a frog for candy or getting a stocking full of toys is really going to lead to their damnation?
4. Why aren't there any Hannukah carols?
5. And since so many people will be getting them as gifts (mostly to themselves) this holiday season, does anyone REALLY need a giant, larger than your couch television?