09 December 2006

Fa La La La La

Christine inspired me to this Christmas meme, and since I haven't much else to do, maybe you can play along as well?

1. A favorite ’secular’ Christmas song.
Oh so many, but I think my favourites are probably "All I Want for Christmas is You", "Baby its cold outside", and "White Christmas". OH! And "Do They Know It's Christmas?"

2. Christmas song that chokes you up (maybe even in spite of yourself–the cheesier the better).
My all-time favourites are either "Do You Hear What I Hear?", "Riu Riu Chiu" and "Adestes Fideles". Nothing has made me cry yet though.
3. Christmas song that makes you want to stuff your ears with chestnuts roasted on an open fire.
"I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa claus", "Grandma Got Run over by a Reindeer" and that god-awful "I want a hippopotomus for Christmas"...I can't turn them off fast enough!

4. The Twelve Days of Christmas: is there *any* redeeming value to that song? Discuss.
Absolutely...it is the epitome of the marketing of the holiday! and besides, can anyone hate the Muppets version? Unlikely!

5. A favorite Christmas album.
Oh that one that came out in the 80s that has Madonna's version of "Santa Baby" on it! "White Christmas" soundtrack. And even though I don't own either, I really want Clay Aikens new one and Amy Grant's original Christmas one.
Now it’s your turn.

No comments: