1. The way he’d tease me
2. Being called “Tailend Charlie” (I'm the youngest of 8 kids)
3. His potato soup (the best in the world!)
4. His good advice (even when it was unsolicited)
5. Thursday nights out to dinner, just he & I, while mom was at bingo.
6. Watching him with mom…they were always in love with each other.
7. The random, surprise cards he’d leave on my pillow or in the mail that had no purpose other than to say “I love ya, kid!”
8. Going out on the boat with him, late in the afternoon, and just enjoying the wildlife together.
9. His oh-so-loud snoring!
10. The embarrassing way he’d walk around in his underwear & undershirt, and not care, because he was just so comfortable with himself.
11. The way he could talk to anyone on the planet, and make them feel special.
12. Watching him transform from being this strong man to a mushy teddybear when he’d play with my daughter.
13. His hugs.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants