06 September 2007

Because Clearly I'm an Expert...

Most of you know I work at the RAM/Wustum museum! I've been asked to lecture this fall/winter about Historical Clothing! It is conjuction with the shoes & textiles exhibitions we'll be having at our main galleries, because I'm clearly an expert on this topic! I'm confident I can fake my way through...er...give a great lecture (or three!) but that doesn't change the fact I'm freakin' scared to death! I'm scared someone is going to answer something I can't answer and I'll look like an idiot! So...if you have any interesting tidbits about historical clothing, let me know, ok?!!? Thanks!

Here are all the sordid details, should you feel compelled to come hear me speak:

Lecture at RAM
Interactive Lecture:
Historical Clothing
Friday, 12:00 - 1:00 pm 1 Day December 7 Lecturer: Kimberly WawrzyniakDiscover how men's and women's clothinghas developed throughout the ages...and some of the quirky and interestinghabits that have survived and evolved intotoday's couture. Then, take a closer lookat artist made clothing in RAM's fallexhibitions.Members Free
$8 Non-Members
Lectures at Wustum
Clothing Through History
Thursday, 7:00 - 8:30 pm1 Day November 1Lecturer: Kimberly WawrzyniakDiscover the changes in clothing for menand women throughout history, and howclothing reflects society. See historicalclothing recreations. Registration required.Members Free
$10 Non-Members
Renaissance Dressing...and How They Did It!
Thursday, 7:00 - 8:30 pm1 Day December 13Lecturer: Kimberly Wawrzyniak See how Renaissance women dressed,and how clothing of the lower, middle and upper classes differed. Registrationrequired.Members Free
$10 Non-Mem

1 comment:

Dapoppins said...

I am breathless to know how it went!