07 March 2007

2 weeks

Our son is 2 weeks old today and growing. He's very sweet.

However, I've realized a few things in these past 14 days:

1. You don't realize how much you use your abdominal muscles for everyday things until you've had them cut, restitched & stapled.

2. I always said "Sleep is for the weak"...well I'm feeling pretty weak right now, and could use more sleep!

3. Just because the tag says 0-3 months doesn't mean your baby will actually fill those clothes very well...and will end up looking like a little old man with his pants pulled up to his nipples.

4. When given the choice between eating, blogging, or sleeping...sleep will win out.

5. 2am really is a good time to watch a movie with your husband...and thank God for Netflix.

6. Other friends with babies are wonderful to vent to. They are the only ones who truly understand.

7. If you don't get a break from feedings or get a shower in several days, you will end up hating your husband.

8. Whoever said little boys are easier to diaper than little girls obviously never had a little boy. They are like a trigger just waiting to go off. And poo gets all over their little boy bits.

9. Visitors want to hold the new baby and thinks its adorable when they rock him to sleep. Yeah...could you please keep that in mind when I'm the one up with him all night because you made him sleep all day?

10. You can and will know the deepest, most unconditional love when you have a child...even when they pee on you in the middle of the night.

3 comments:

Christina said...

OMG, yes, yes, and YES to all of these things!! I'm not quite as experienced a mommy as you since Tim is only 4 days old, but I can already relate to a lot of these! Especially #1 and #4 and #5...

Happy diapering and 2 am feedings :-p
Christina

Kassi Gilbert said...

I love your frankness about the "rocking the baby to sleep" bit.

Misty said...

Yes, all this and so much more...you can call me anytime, chick, and be sure I'll be calling you too!
I got a book at Target that I haven't finished yet, but I LOVE it, and think all couples should read. Have Paul go buy it & make him read it now if he wants a sane home life... It's called "Babyproofing Your Marriage" by Stacie Cockerell, Cathy O'Neill, and Julia Stone. It is the absolute truth & in your face advice~ I haven't got to the "fixing it" part yet, but my Gods, does it hit the nail on the head.
Take solace in the face that you're not alone in this, and it does eventually get easier. Love Ya! Hang in there!