01 October 2010

Back in Time...again

It's yet another Time Travelling weekend!
This time it's back to 1574 and the Stronghold Renaissance Faire in Oregon, IL
I always love performing at this faire, as it is very low key, the site is spectacular, the weather is perfect, and I always get to play someone new. This year I'm pulling out Lady Catherine Talbot (I played her 2 years ago at Stronghold). I like her alot, and would consider asking to play her at Bristol even. There isn't alot about her that I've found so far, but my persona of her is a unique one for me. She's a chameleon. She is whatever anyone thinks she is...but she is true to herself in it. I think I'll enjoy developing her further.
Once she's married she is the Countess of Pembroke. I asked to play her unmarried, as I didn't want to upset anyone by asking to play a high ranked character. Guess what? As the daughter of an earl, I'm still the 4th highest ranking person! Oops! Didn't plan it that way, and if certain individuals get pissy about it, I guess that's their problem, not mine. I couldn't care less about rank, it's about playing an interesting character.
A couple good friends (Tab, Ansel, Heather, Brian, Rick, Misty) aren't going to be there, sadly. I wish there were. It's always fun with them.
Pictures next week!

No comments: