24 October 2010

catch-22

Feeling like I'm in a hamster wheel...always running, but getting no where, and with no one.

My husband is working 2 jobs. All.the.time. and I'm perceived as the ungrateful bitch of a wife because how dare I complain that I can't ever get anything done. I mean, so what that I work and take care of the kids, cook the meals, and oh, just might need some alone time to do what? Oh, grocery shop!

Clearly I'm just an unreasonable bitch. Sorry about that. Oh, let's add in that I've had a cold for two weeks I can't get rid of, probably because I haven't had a full nights sleep in months, with even less this week than "normal". (5 hours in 3 nights.)
Oh, and that Halloween party we have every year? Yeah, you just go ahead & work...clearly I'll do everything by myself! Oh, I have to work that day too? I guess I'll be the one dealing with the babysitter issue, the cooking, the decorating, getting myself costumed with historically accurate hair & makeup, and having guests arrive in the 5 hours "free".

But I'm an ungrateful bitch who doesn't understand that he's working. Yeah.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.3

1 comment:

Kanga said...

{{{{hugs}}}} I can totally relate to the husband working 2 jobs scenario ... been down that road many a time. I know it doesn't help to hear this, but ... Kimba - you WILL pull off the BEST party ever, because entertaining is your passion and you do it ever so well! Paul will never understand, no matter how hard you try to get him to see it, how hard it all is for YOU. He will only see how hard it is for him to work 2 jobs. Because he is human. And a man. 'nuff said. It is very difficult to juggle work and family and when you add extra jobs, children who don't sleep through the night well, illness .. it all piles up and sends the stress levels through the roof. So, my friend ... in the midst of your busy preparations, stand still for a minute. Close your eyes and take a deep, cleansing breath. Hold it. And let it out slowly ... and now open your eyes before you fall asleep on your feet ... and know that this, too, shall pass. Just like gas. NO,really ...... picture that beautiful beach in Grand Cayman and smile... :)