30 April 2009
Things to Make You Thunk...er...Think
1. What color is your front door?
WHITE. House is blue, so door is white!
2. We discussed our folks in previous TT so now tell me about your siblings. If you are an only child, tell me whether or not you wanted siblings, older, younger etc.
I am the youngest of 8 children. My parents were each married previously. Dad had 4 kids...Patrick, Marge & Marilyn (twins), and Lauretta. Mom had 3 kids...Bill, Kathy & Mark. And then mom adopted me. I was 16 days old. Mom & Dad were married when I was tiny. And dad adopted us. So technically I was adopted twice...which I always said just proved I was REALLY wanted.
3. What color/type butterfly is your favorite?
The pretty ones I have only ever seen dead on display at museums.
4. Will you be celebrating Cinco De Mayo?
I will probably celebrate by making a mexican dinner for my family, and perhaps have a few margaritas. Otherwise, nope!
5. Oprah- love her, hate her, or don't care?
I really don't care. I mean, I enjoy Oprah's shows on the rare occasion I see them. I think she's done some wonderful things for people. I would just love to be at her Christmas giveaway show! But, otherwise, I'm indifferent.
6. Are you worried about the spread of swine flu?
I'm always worried about illnesses in regards to my kids. There are alot of Mexicans in our town, so now I feel this strange prejudice to avoid them in case anyone has recently been to Mexico.
7. Hard or soft pillows?
Hard! I just can't sleep on those next to nothing cushy feathery things!
8. How many trees are in your neighbor's yard?
Hmmm...I've never contemplated the trees next door (as I only have a neighbour on one side). I think they only have 2, though one hangs mostly over my side of the fence.
9. What was the color of the last car you saw?
I guess that would be the blue of my MIL's car when she picked up the kids this morning.
10. When does your driver's license expire?
I believe I have 2 more years with that horrific picture.
11. Look at the clock on your computer and type the numbers backwards.
12. When you put your pants on, what leg do you put in first?
Curious. I believe my right. Or left. It's one or the other!
13. How would you respond to this letter if you were an advice columnist.
I am an ugly woman. I was an ugly baby and child even! It is a fact. I am 36 now and I have never had a boyfriend, and I am still a virgin.
Due to me not having men in my life, I have poured everything I have in to education and my career. At 36 I am the youngest (and first female CEO) at a big, successful, tech company. I have over 200 personal patents and millions of pounds in investments.
I have everything: huge house, holiday villa in Spain, 3 cars, power boat, a race horse, etc. but as much I try to talk myself into everything being “great” I cannot help but to miss that special someone to share it all with.
Most of my friends are married with kids and I feel like I am gradually drifting away from them also.
Where can I find someone to marry an ugly woman?
You can find someone easily who will marry an ugly woman with a great deal of money. But is that really what you want? Instead you need to find someone who love YOU. If you are really that uncomfortable with your looks, you can always have surgery. And I'd focus on your self-esteem before worrying about a relationship. Believe me, confidence will bring the men to your villa!