15 November 2006

One year o'bliss


So Sunday was our one year wedding anniversary, and it was lovely. I know that most people tend to have a special anniversary thost first few years especcially, but after a previous marriage with anniversaries that were sometime less than spectacular, my expectations tend to be rather low now. So, I was more than pleasantly surprised that the hubby took such efforts to make the weekend special.

After work on Saturday he & I had a fabulous dinner at "The Palms" in Milwaukee. It's a trendy sort of upscale place in the Third Ward (read: arts snobby part of town) with prices way more than we can't normally indulge (our meal came to just under $100...by this I mean $98...and I couldn't even have cocktails... but our friend & priest who married us had given us a $100 gift card to dine there...thank you so very much Fr. Bob!) On Sunday I was allowed to sleep in and be woken to a full English breakfast...on china & crystal, no less! It was delicious and he said he just wanted to recapture the many breakfasts we'd had on our honeymoon in the UK last year. We exchanged gifts, and I was given something I've wanted for years...mother of pearl opera glasses (the ones in the picture here)! I just love going to the ballet or theatre and the elegance of opera glasses...and now I have a set to call my own!


After breakfast we took the kidlet with us to go see "Marie Antionette" at the cinema. What a delightful film! I highly recommend it. (I must purchase the soundtrack soon.) We wandered some shops for a few hours, and then had dinner at Red Lobster, where gorged myself on all-you-can-eat shrimp scampi & coconut shrimp with pina colada dipping sauche. Yum! It was a very delicious and laid back anniversary that I'll cherish.

2 comments:

Kassi Gilbert said...

Happy Anniversary! BTW how is the little bean doing?

Karianne said...

Happy Anniversary.

I found your blog through the TT blogroll and just did my first list a couple of days ago.

Please stop by my new blog when you get a chance and let me know how I'm doing.

Congratulations too!

Karianne