07 October 2009

Friends, Fall and Fun...Part 2


Well this weekend was another lovely autumn weekend (ok, so it was cold & misty all day Saturday, but it was a good day) with friends out at the Stronghold RenFaire in Oregon, IL. We always have low-key fun performing out there, and this year was no exception.

I played my new character, Mistress Dorothy Smith, and I have to say, I like her alot! She's friendly & fiesty. I created a "gossip rag" that most people really enjoyed and got a chuckle from. I think I would have felt more comfortable in her skin if that skin (the new costume) wasn't suddenly huge on me. I don't think I've lost weight, but it was ridiculous & looked that way, sadly. Oh well, I've rethought her & the costume, so I'm looking forward to that. It was good to have a character that didn't hate my husband's character, too! HAHA!

Saturday night was some awesome ghost hunting. Experiences that I can't possibly express here, but let's just say it wasn't like anything I've ever encountered before. It was GREAT!

Sunday was sunny & fun. Two very dear friends were engaged, and I get to help them in some of the planning. I'm SO happy for them! It was definately the perfect cap on a fun weekend!

1 comment:

Kanga said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous time! Sure do wish I could have been there. Someday, maybe, Jim and I will get to participate in RenFaire/RenFest, etc....

{{{{hugs}}}}