05 July 2006

My Bunny




I miss my daughter dreadfully today. I know, I've complained about her preteen arguing, and her stubborness a fair amount of times. But I love her more than anything/anyone on the planet, and while she spends the summer with her father, in another state...I miss her more than words can express. I know I'm going to have another child in 9 months, but she will always be my baby...my Bunny, as I've always called her. This is how I always think of her...my little girl with the long, long hair. My overdramatic, highly intelligent bookworm. Always loving to laugh. And I sit her today realizing just how much she's growing up, turning into a young lady. That in only 4 years she'll be driving. And in only 6 leaving for college. And today, all I want is my little Bunny to sit on my lap, read a book with me, and smother her with kisses. Why didn't anyone tell me the hardest part of motherhood was watching them grow up?

2 comments:

angela said...

Wow...that stinks...I am so sorry she is leaving for the summer...and she will miss part of your pregnancy! Well, maybe just the being sick part...then she will be back when you start showing...

Hope things perk up for you...

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about missing them. Zac and Abby leave on July 17 for the summer. They actually leave much earlier, but this year we are taking them to Canada for a family reunion, so plans changed.

Hopefully you can take this time to "recharge".

I always try to keep super busy so that the time flies by faster...

love to you!