27 May 2008

Getting Older


I sit here today realizing that not only am I getting older, but so are my kids. It's amazing how quickly they grow & change & become someone different than they were just moments ago. I'd like to say its wonderful & inspiring, and yet at the same time, it's sad & makes me realize they before long they will be grown & gone & living lives without me.

My son is walking. Ok, he still falls down alot, but for the most part, he's doing it! It's amazing & I love seeing the pride on his little face. He's more independent these days and has very definately opinions about things. He nods yes and no. He often prefers papa over mama. And it makes me sad that my little snuggle bug doesn't always want mama to snuggle.
My daughter will be "graduating" 8th grade in 2 weeks. Then she'll be heading off to spend most of the summer with her dad in Michigan, before coming back to start high school in the fall. She is far from a little girl. She is a very independent, very strong-willed teenager only 4 years from her actual high school graduation. Only 4 years until her last summer before college. Only 4 years from adulthood. It makes me yearn for the days when she too would prefer to cuddle with mama over running off with her friends, or boyfriend!
I know, I have yet another child who will cuddle with mama soon. (Only about 8 more weeks!) But she too will grow far too quickly. So in all my hormonal raging emotions, I have to remember to embrace my kids and every moment...so they can keep me young.

No comments: