04 December 2002

LITTLE THINGS
Appreciate the little things in life.
Good things come on small packages.
Don't sweat the small stuff.
"Short People ain't got no reason..."

I've always hated those phrases. I hate the mocking nature of being small. I hate that people talk down to kids. Even more so I hate people who show prejudice against those of us who are short. I can't begin to tell you the amount of times I've been out shopping with a tall friend, only to be completely ignored by the salesperson. As if short people don't spend money? It's one of the prejudices people are never aware of. And no one thinks there is anything wrong with teasing a short person. Guess what? We hate it. And yet,I am strangely attracted to tall men. I've had boyfriends of ridiculous heights. (6'2", 6'4", 6'6") I'd be tall if I could be...but science doesn't seem to see height augmentation as a real priority.

No comments: